What is Your Heart’s Vision? June 12, 2018
Your guiding light through decluttering.
by Megan Montero
"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.”
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Clutter can be a hidden obstacle in the way of fulfilling your heart’s vision. Clutter can keep you from following through with doing the things that are truly important to you and that make you feel the most alive. Are you ready to make a change and free yourself from the obstacles in your life?
Before tackling any big decluttering project, I recommend that you first tune into your heart’s vision for your life. Use this practice as a guide and you can also use it at other times in your life when you need some direction.
To begin, sit with a candle, by a fire, or anywhere outside in Nature. Feel the presence of the sky above you and the earth below. Listen to the sounds around you. Feel your heartbeat and notice your breath. Tune into your heart’s wise guidance and ask:
- What are the things in my life that are important to me and make me feel alive? You may find there are things you're not doing but long to be doing more of.
- What is my vision for how I want to live my life? How do I want to feel? It’s okay if you don’t know. Simply knowing that you don’t know is a valuable discovery. Note down any elements or qualities that you do know.
- How would I like my home to support me with my vision?
- Are there any obstacles in the way, keeping me from living the life of my dreams?
- What small or large action can I take to move towards living the life of my dreams?
While you are clutter clearing, remember your vision. Use it as your guiding light to help you stay connected to the deeper meaning of the process when it feels overwhelming. If you do the practice and find you are unclear of your vision for your home and life, decluttering your space can be tremendously helpful in discovering it.
If you want some help getting clear on your heart's vision or with a plan of action for clearing your clutter and organizing your space, don’t hesitate to reach out to me, I’d love to work with you! (831) 588-5424